Wednesday 11 December 2013

Clarins HydraQuench Cream and Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm

I lather my face in a good moisturiser every morning and night, and I believe this is my secret for maintaining spot-free skin. It's a common misconception that you have to dry out your face to banish the blemish, when often a daily regime of moisturising goodness could work wonders.

The important part is to ensure your moisturiser is tailored to your skin. Do you have dry skin? Combination? Oily? There's even a moisturiser to reduce unwanted shine and limit excess oils. 

Clarins HydraQuench Cream

I use Clarins HydraQuench during the colder months for dry/normal skin. It soaks in really fast and smells so clean and fresh, it reminds me of those cucumber wipes in the green packet from Boots.

In the winter I possibly have the most chap-prone lips in the Universe, so I've been trialling the lip balm from the same 'HydraQuench' range to try and revitalise them. It has a consistency similar to the Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Lip Balm, thick and gel-like, and it has a gorgeous taste that's like Cherry Drop sweets. With essential rose wax and shea butter, it's like a little tube of lip TLC. I also like the look of it on the lip, it's got a pretty pink sheen that's nice and glossy without being sticky.


Which products do you rely on to see you through the cold snap? Let me know by commenting below xx

No comments:

Post a Comment