Monday 9 December 2013

Berry Lips: Step-by-Step How To

A gorgeous berry lip is a firm favourite for AW13, especially as the party season gets in full swing...

1. Apply a light-reflective foundation with good coverage. Flawless skin is really important for this look. I used Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory. 

 2. For extra luminosity, I applied a few dabs of Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser after allowing the foundation to set.

3. Add definition to the brows. I used the Ash Blonde shade (bottom right) in the HD Brows Bombshell palette. 

4. Start to build a smokey eye. Use a smudgable liner and outline the eye. Use a narrow shadow brush to blend the line outwards. I used Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liner. 

5. Take a natural tone of shadow and brush onto the rest of the eyelid as a base. I used the Naked shadow from the Urban Decay Naked palette. 

 6. Use a black/very dark eyeshadow and apply over the smudge eyeliner near the lash line, taking up into the crease on the outer edge of the eyes. I used the Creep shadow from the Urban Decay palette.

7. Blend a rich golden-bronze tone into the dark shadow at the outer edge, blending the golden-bronze across to the mid section of the eyelid. I used the Smog shadow from the Urban Decay palette.

8. Apply a brighter gold shadow to the inner corner of the eye and brow bone. I used the Half Baked shadow from the Urban Decay palette. Tip: Use a clean shadow brush to blend any hard edges away.

9. Use a contouring brush (I used Real Techniques Contouring Brush) to apply bronzer under the cheekbones and to the temples. I used the HDBrows Bronzer Palette in 2. 

 10. Now it's blush time! I used a coral-beige cream blush for a dewy finish and applied just underneath the apples of the cheeks.

 11. After blending the blush in with my fingertips, I added a golden highlighter to the most prominent section of the cheekbones. I used Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Gold. 

 12. Add lashings of mascara for full, dramatic lashes. I used Revlon Lash Potion Mascara. 

 13. Apply dabs of concealer to any problem zones and under the eyes and carefully blot in with the fingertips. I used Clarins Instant Concealer. 

 14. For an extra flawless finish, sweep a mineral powder over the forehead and nose to minimise unwanted shine. I used a Real Techniques stippling brush to apply Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent. 

15. And finally, apply your berry lipstick of choice. I used a Clarins Rouge Eclat lipstick in True Aubergine. 
berry lips

 16. Blot and re-apply for an extra long-lasting berry lip.

Find out my favourite berry lip shades, and see what shade would suit your skin tone the most, in my Best of the Berry Bunch article xx

No comments:

Post a Comment