Monday 29 July 2013

Summer Smooth Service by L'Oreal Professional

This week I was invited to try out the brand new L'Oreal Professional Summer Smooth Service, which guarantees smooth, frizz-free hair for four days, even at 80% humidity. Hurrahs! 


As you can see from this quick snap, my hair is rather frizzy. I often look like a wild mountain bear in the morning. 
So I went along to Barbara Daley Hair & Beauty in Liverpool, a salon which offers L'Oreal Professional services, to see if they could achieve super smooth tresses in 45 minutes.


The treatment involves three steps of L'Oreal Professional Liss Unlimited products: cleansing shampoo, smoothing mask and SOS Smoothing Double Serum. The products are followed by a gorgeous blow dry (a party girls best friend!) then Steampod straightening.

The Liss Unlimited product range contains pro-keratin to repair hair's internal structure, evening primrose oil to sooth and nourish, and kukul nut oil to defend hair from humidity. 


The Steampod (only available in salons) offers a gentler, hydrating alternative to the harsh heat of straighteners, perfect to create the summer smooth look. 
My hair isn't the worst in the world when it comes to a frizzy mane, but I was really impressed with the transformation. I imagine that you would be totally amazed if you had really thick, unruly locks - which is what the service is really made for - as it could glossify the wildest of beasts.


As you can see, my hair is really smooth and soft. It gave a great shine too, which I've struggled to achieve since I over did it with the blonde highlights last summer. This is a great luxury treatment if you want gorgeously smooth hair for a glam weekend away, or if you're going to a festival and want to brave the elements with style. 


I generally have to wash my hair every day, occasionally every other day if I'm handy with the dry shampoo, so I was slightly sceptical about the four day promise attached to this service. However, I'm writing this blog on day number four, and although I'll be washing it tonight, it doesn't look like the bedraggled mess I'd expect. I was really impressed by how squeaky clean my hair felt after using the Liss Unlimited Shampoo, a great cleanser. 

Also, whilst I was at the Barbara Daley Hair & Beauty salon I had a perfect polish by Jade. I loved it so much I thought I should let everyone see the results. I trapped my hand in a taxi door (mega ouch) about six months ago, and I've been a bit ashamed of one rather damaged nail ever since. After 30 minutes with Jade though, my hands were transformed. Amazing colour, right?


Find which salons near you offer the Summer Smooth Service here. Recommended service price £15 - £20. 

No comments:

Post a Comment