Tuesday 3 September 2013

My Holiday Hero Products

'My suitcase shrunk?'

Oh how I love a sun-drenched holiday. The sand, the sea, the sangria... it's just all rather glorious isn't it?
So next week I'm jumping on a big plane and swapping the sodden cobbles of Manchester for the twinkling shores of Cyprus! Needless to say, I cannot wait.

After a long weekend in culture-swathed Barcelona and a fleeting romance with wild Ibiza earlier this summer, I have learnt to select my precious luggage allowance with the meticulousness of a neurosurgeon. And then there's the soaring heat to contend with... As I'm sure you know, my amigos, make-up meltdown is a very real danger. Preventative measures are nothing but a necessity.

Moisturiser:  Clarins HydraQuench SPF15, £34
My gorgeous aunty Jeanie, who lives in Spain, swears by this moisturiser for the warmer climes. It soaks in fast and is a melt-free zone all day.

Primer: Dermalogica Skin Perfect Primer SPF30, £29.95
I'm not a huge primer advocate, but this slim number was AMAZING in Ibiza. It helped keep my foundation in place well into the early hours.

Foundation: MAC Cosmetics Studio Sculpt Foundation (SPF 15) £24 with a bit of Laura Mercier Illuminated Tinted Moisturiser (SPF20) £33 to thin the consistency
I've tried so many different foundations, but for me MAC Studio Sculpt is just the one. When my skin is slightly dry I have to use a bit of tinted moisturiser to thin it out, but I love how it sets so flawlessly. The coverage is medium and buildable to full, so nice and versatile for holiday evenings, but I tend not to use it during the day - I just use the tinted moisturiser on its own for a really light coverage (with added SPF, bonus!)

Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, £17
This genius product is amazing for keeping shadow exactly where it should be. I wore really heavy eye make up to go to Zoo Project in Ibiza (complete with leopard body paint... yes really!) and this tube of magic worked an absolute treat, despite the hot temps.

Lippy: Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Bang £14, with Glide-on Lip Pencil also in Bang £12
Outline the lip and shade with the pencil before applying the lipstick, blot and re-apply. I guarantee this fierce shade (my favourite accessory for a goddess-bronze tan) will stay put for HOURS.

Bronzer: ArtDeco Bronzing Compact Powder, £25
There's no long-lasting hocus-pocus going on with this bronzer, I just think it's really good. The beautiful palette is huge, so ideal for adding a bit of body shimmer.

Eye-Liner: Dior Waterproof Eyeliner Long-Wear Pencil, £18
It does not budge. Hallelujah!

Blush: Benefit Sugarbomb, £23.50
This peachy coral blush palette goes so well with a tan, and there's just the right amount of shimmer to add a sexy glow too.

Posh After-Sun: LancĂ´me Nutrix Royal £39
For slightly scorched skin this intense repair lipid-enriched lotion is the ultimate soother. If, however, you're a bit on the strapped side Soltan Aftersun with insect repellent £4.49 is pretty good. It really does keep the pesky mosquitos at bay too.

Hair Serum: Liss Unlimited SOS Smoothing Double Serum by L'Oreal Professionnel, £13.25
Holidays may be generally delicious, but they're also rather harsh on the tresses. I use this serum by L'Oreal to banish frizz even in humid climates. It smells rather nice too.

Burn Balance: If you're prone to pink after lounging in the sun try using a colour corrector with a green base, like Smashbox Photo Finish Color Corrector Foundation Primer in Green, £12.50 (travel size) before you put on your foundation. This will counterbalance the redness for a perfect finish.

Let me know your holiday hero products by commenting below, or by writing on the Pout Out Proud Facebook page, or tweeting @PoutOutProud.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment