Monday 28 January 2013

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer: Review



Rimmel London's latest lipwear range, Apocalips, has hit the high street! With eight different shades available, I tried out my six favourites... 


I absolutely love this new range of liquid lippy. Priced at only £5.99, the opaque colours with a high gloss finish are standing strong against YSL Glossy Stains, priced at £22.50. 
The packaging is really trendy, and there's a statement colour for everyone. I love 'Nude Eclipse' for a seriously sophisticated finish, while 'Stellar' has a gorgeous coral candy pop (I'm tipping this shade to be a big hit for 2013). 'Big Bang' is a deep glossy red, fabulous and fierce. I was less keen on the softer pink shades, but each to their own... Let me know which shade is your favourite for 2013 by commenting on this blog post.

For a high street range, I was really satisfied with the quality of this lip wear.  They were really moisturising (which can often be a downfall of cheaper products) and sat nicely on the lip. Some slight bleeding did occur, but this could be quashed with a quick line of lip pencil.  

How to apply: Apply one layer, blot, then re-apply for a longer lasting finish

Related Posts

3 comments:

  1. I cant wait to try these out! They look beautiful! Thanks for the post, I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AnnabelTamara, let me know which shade you go for! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the swatches! However, just to confirm, the lip swatches for Nova and Celestial are not in the correct order, no?

    ReplyDelete