Sunday 3 February 2013

Poudre Signee De Chanel Illuminating Powder: Review and Swatch


How absolutely gorgeous is this new illuminating powder by Chanel? The powder design is so ornate and beautiful that it seems like a sin to actually use it! Poudre Signee de Chanel, £46, available from Boots.com, may be a bit hefty on the price tag, but it really is 100% luxury... perhaps a justified one off splurge?

A limited edition release for Spring 2013, the 'Spirit of Chanel' powder is encased in a beautifully classic compact, which in turn is encased in a lovely little velvet pouch, complete with an applicator. So luxury, that the powder even has a crested little plastic cover (I practically squealed with delight at this little touch, although I'm not entirely sure why...)    


I can't say I was overly thrilled with the applicator, it seemed far too firm to use on the intricate palette, so I instead opted for my super soft Body Shop Face & Body Brush to sweep the illuminating powder across my cheek and brow bones. 

The powder itself has a flattering light golden-pink base, without being too OTT on the shimmer. It's a subtle enhancer, delicate and sheer with an eye-catching luminosity. The powder is long-lasting and ever so fine, it sits really well on the skin for hours after application.

  
I love the soft warmth of this highlighting powder, it adds a lovely and natural glow to the face. It's a pricey product, but serious luxury by Chanel. 

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment